Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mission Beach...brrr

Megan and Daddy
Mission Beach was beautiful but, man was it cold. It was about 78 degrees when we left our hotel which is about 15 miles inland from the beach. We thought it was perfect beach weather even when were walking from the parking lot to the beach, we still thought this is really good weather. Then, we cross the board walk and get down to the beach and the wind was whipping off the cold water and we (mostly I) were suddenly freezing. I couldn't believe how cold that wind was. In all of the pictures all I could think was...I'm really going to freeze to death. Mind you, Megan is running around in the water in swim suit refusing to acknowledge how cold she really was or should I say how cold I thought she was. After about 10 minutes of freezing I went to a shop and bought a fleece jacket and cotton jacket for Joyce (she was also freezing) and the rest of our Mission Beach experience was great. After we played on the beach and walked to board walk, Kenny met us for lunch. He took us to a very yummy Cheese steak place and it was the perfect end to our day at the beach.Me, trying not to freeze to death, Joyce, Gary and Megan looking for shells.


In this picture, I know for sure I'm going to freeze.


I know this picture is deceiving...don't they look warm.



Megan burying Eric's feet in the sand. Before, I went to buy a jacket I thought I towel would keep me warm enough but, I could barely hold on to it since the wind was blowing so hard.
Megan and Grandpa











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG was Megan purple? Just looking at the pictures make me cold... but still a fun SUNNY day at the beach!