Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bunny

Emma
So, Megan's getting older now and one of her jobs is to let the dogs out after she gets home from school. Last week, Megan lets the dogs out while I'm in the bathroom....things are going fine and I hear Emma barking. It's her scolding bark that she uses to keep the other dogs away from something she wants... In my mind I'm thinking they're fighting over a stick. All the sudden Megan comes running in the house yelling, "Emma's eating a bunny!" WTF, I'm trying to get myself out of the bathroom as fast as I can. I'm thinking I may still be able to save this bunny, she probably is just playing with it. Not like play playing but mouthing it and stuff...you know. I get to the bedroom window and yell at her....Emma, NO...Get in the Pen! This usually works, she's a good listener. I run downstairs and out the back door, she's still standing over the bunny. I keep telling her no and she's not listening. I finally get up to her and I realize there's no saving the bunny. The front half was completely gone, from the head to behind the shoulders was missing....it still had it's cute little white tail.
I get Emma in the pen and I go find Megan so we can talk about this, I just knew she had to be somewhere crying. I found her in the living room watching cartoons, she's fine...no tears. I asked her if she was ok and she said she was fine...her attitude was: Emma ate a bunny, that's it, no big deal.
It's so strange what upsets her, if Link dies in her video game she cries..if our German Shepard rips a wild bunny in half and eats it in front of her...no big deal.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad you didn't post a picture of what's left of the bunny (with the cute white tail).