Monday, August 4, 2008

My family through Sherry's eyes....

Shirley, Me, Jenna, Megan, Sherry and Beth, dishing out Strawberry shortcake.
I wanted to include a picture of my Grandpa, this was taken last year.
Megan, Sherry and I went to visit my Grandpa and Shirley with my Uncle and his family while they were here in Seattle. We had a wonderful visit, Shirley made strawberry shortcake and it was delicious. The adults sat and talked while Jenna and Sherry played the piano in the living room, and Beth and Megan played with toys on the stairs. When it was time for us to leave everyone gathered around the front door and said goodbyes and nice to meet yous which lasted about 10 minutes. When Sherry got to the car she said to me very sincerely, with bubbly happiness, " They are very nice people, they love music, love dessert and love life"... I have never heard anyone describe my Grandpa and Shirley so beautifully, I had to stop and write it down to make sure I didn't forget her exact words, the only thing I could find in my purse to write on was back of a Burger King receipt, with a few happy tears I wrote her down her quote. I have so many emotions tied to this quote... love, pride, guilt and gratitude.
Thank you Sherry for your wonderful observation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll never know how much influence this short 3-week stay had made to Sherry's life... After all, you can only have your "first Red Robbin's burger" once in a life time. =)

All kidding aside, so glad everyone had a great experience!