Monday, March 3, 2008

Mmmm, Hot Fruit Snacks...

This was a very busy weekend for us, we had a sock hop at Megan's school on Friday, two birthday parties and dinner at my mom's house on Saturday.

The sock hop was fun, everyone was dressed up in their fifties best. There was dancing, they did the hokey pokey and the chicken dance. Megan learned the unofficial words to the chicken dance.....I don't want to be a chicken, I don't want to be a duck so kiss my butt. She thought that was great and continued to sing it for most of the night.

Megan's friend Abby had brought some fruit snacks to the dance, the smaller size packs, and gave a package to Megan. Megan gobble most of the pack up right away, the rest went in my pocket for safe keeping. I didn't think she needed to eat the whole pack in 1.1 seconds.

We had a fun time at the dance and went home to get Megan's things together so she could spend the night at Grandma's house. Grandma is taking Megan to her first birthday party of the weekend, so I could stay home because I am recovering from a cold and I am protesting the start time of the party....9:30 in the morning it a little too early for us. We would have had to leave the house at 8:00 in the morning to make it to the party on time....no thanks. The party is for Megan's cousin on Grandma's side of the family, and the party is close to Grandma's house.....I just wanted to get that out there, I don't want people to think that I'm taking advantage of Grandma. My husband and I drive Megan out to his parents' house, we visit for a while and head home...by the time we get home it's almost 11:00, so we head straight to bed because Eric has to work in the morning and I'm tired from the Sock Hop.

The next day I'm enjoying my morning, reading my book in bed and just lounging in general. I wrap the present for birthday party number two, everything's ready....now I just need to get dressed. I throw my jeans in the dryer (to freshen them up) and go put some make up on. I have about 15 minutes to spare before I have to head to the south end to get Megan so, we can get to the second party on time.

I'm all ready to go, I just need to get my pants out of the dryer...I even have my socks on....I open the dryer and I get this whiff of hot fruit. What is that? FRUIT SNACKS!! They're melted to my dryer and my pants. I can't believe it did that, but I did. I clean out the dryer...while they are still warm and get my jeans in the wash. I have to completely re-think my outfit, which is more irritating than finding melted fruit snacks in the dryer.

We made it to the party and had a great time. We had a yummy dinner at my mom's house to end our busy Saturday. Sunday we hung out and did some yard work, after which I did a load of laundry and guess what...my dryer still smells like hot fruit.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Mel, you are a natural at this blogging stuff! Another fabulous story!

Christine David said...

I agree you are such a natural! Makes me look at fruit snacks in a new light :)